Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Artistic Effects now available!


Hi Blog Hoppers!  Thanks for hopping along with the Technique Junkie Design Team's Blog Hop celebrating the NEW TJ Newsletter technique CD called "Artistic Effects."  Each designer is showcasing the new techniques on this CD just for you!  I hope that you enjoyed's Jackie's projects.

Before we get to my projects, here is a little about the new CD.  The CD contains 24 brand new tutorials plus 16 techniques from the TJ archives.  That's 40 tutorials using Gelatos, Goosebumps, iRresistible Sprays, Distress Stains and Gesso -- perfect mediums to give your projects the artistic touch.  All 40 tutorials are in step-by-step pdf format - compatible for Macs and PCs alike.  All the tutorials are printable to 8-1/2” x 11” paper.  I had a hard time picking which projects I wanted to showcase because I really loved so many of them!!

Now here is how you get your own!!! The cost of the CD is 14.95.  Get your copy by following this link.  http://www.techniquejunkies.com/artistic-effects-cd.html

Now for the hop part!  You should have arrived here from Jackie Kalchert's blog.  If you have come into the middle of the blog hop....make sure you start HERE so you don't miss one single project!

I couldn't choose just one project so I did three! 
 
The first card features a technique called Acrylic Stains.  This is one of those fast and easy techniques that you always have to have in your arsenal.  I've had this cute stamp set from Stampendous for over a year and I thought it was about time to use it.  Summer has FINALLY arrived for most of us.  Winter hung on for sooooo long that I wanted to celebrate with this cute set. 
 

My next project uses the super cool technique called Goosed Gelatos.   I love how random and layered the colors are for the background.  The stamp is from a set from Mark's Finest Papers company.  The sentiment is from SU.  It is colored with Copics.   I have to tell you a little secret about my Gelatos.  FaberCastell makes Gelatos.  You can pay about $9.99 for 4 of them.  BUT, if you go into the kid's section of the art store, there are 10 of them for about $10.  That is a much nicer price.  The Frugal Crafter blog did a test to see if they performed like the more expensive ones and she couldn't see much difference! 


 My last project is probably my favorite of the three.  It features a technique called Acrylic Gesso.  This technique can use a black silhouette stamp but I just didn't want to do black so I drug out my Colorbox cubes......these haven't seen the light of day for years!  The stamp set.........I have no clue.  I store all my unmounted stamps in CD cases and this set was stored before I thought it was important to know the manufacturer!  If you happen to know, let me know!
 
 

 Thanks so much for stopping by to see me and participating in our HOP.  Don't forget to stop by and see the amazing projects that Tricia Obin has created for your enjoyment.   You'll love her creations, she is a master at Copic coloring and I'm sure you'll see some of it!

In case you get lost, here is a list of all our wonderful designers.

Judy Jackson
Jackie Kalchert
Ann Clack
http://www.jackiekalchert.blogspot.com
THAT's me and you are HERE!
Tricia OBin
Beth Norman
Hetty Sanders
Holly Brown
Shelly Schmidt
Pat Huntoon

11 comments:

Hetty said...

Hi Ann,I love all your happy Summer cards!They are all so colorful.

Holly said...

I love your background on the pansy card! Gorgeous colors! All of your cards are wonderful!

Vickie Kertz said...

Love the look on all of them. Thanks for the tip about gelatos

Judy McKay said...

Great techniques- your art work. Beautiful projects. yellowfawnlily@yahoo.ca

Unknown said...

Ann

Thanks so much for the inspiration! Love that adorable stamp used on the first card. And that technique looks like fun.

Tricia OBin said...

Wow wow wow...love them all!

Beth Norman said...

Absolutely beautiful work. How did you find the time to get so many cards done? Thanks for the Gelatos tip. I live in Canada and four Gelatos are $18 at Michael's. I used a 40% off coupon obviously.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This has to be my fav CD to date. How I love to see all of the wonderful backgrounds along the way today- darling watermelon image- loving the next two backgrounds too. Oh- I use the kids Gelato's as well- I have a couple of the others as well.

Shirley said...

Ann, I am so in love with all three! The first is too cute for words; the second is so vibrant and uplifting, and the third is a work of art!! Your techniques are beautiful!

Kathie McGuire said...

These cards just make me happy! Lovely color assortment, and each one perfectly balanced for the optimum eye candy! Once again, your card-making skills amaze and impress!

itzamitzi said...

Your cards are amazing! I can't choose a favorite. The colors are beautiful and I love how you completed each one. Darn! I think I'm going to "need" another CD! LOL